Just listing out some of the lines TA and its friends have heard in the recent times.
1. Tumhara kuch ho to pehle hi bata do. Varna hum dekhna shuru karen. – Prelude. You are screwed if you say yes, screwed if you say no. And screwed royally, if you say yes after saying no.
2. You have given me immense tension by saying this. I have started feeling uneasiness. You need to understand this is not acceptable to us. – Emotional blackmail, level 1.
3. If you cannot be sensible, at least be responsible. – In effect saying you are an idiot. Be responsible, do as I say. Now who is to explain it’s the responsible part that is causing all the friction.
4. There are a thousand things you need to look at before deciding these things; you cannot just go ahead based on someone’s fancy. – Classic. This came out of nowhere. Unplayable, like the Sreesanth delivery to Kallis. Try to do anything, you are out. I know, this was said in my presence.
5. In our family, we do not do these things. – Emotional blackmail, level 2. Involves entire family, elders you respect and so on. This was described as a net cast to trap you and create a situation where you yourself refuse what you want and toe the family line.
6. 2 years back you were jumping for it when you were not even settled. Now what’s the problem?- Past comes back to haunt you. No one is above using your own words against you. The motivating factor valid in the past conveniently ignored.
Like good guys, we have all let these influence our lives and the f$%#up is we are still counted as the bad guys.
There are many more, and this will not be the end. You must have guessed who says these things and in what context. Diplomacy at its best. You are always wrong, rather they are always right. You got to give it to them – they have seen more New Year Eve’s than me and Clinton together. (It was at the New year eve dinner that we decided to list out these lines. The barking black Dog may contributed to the decision. But as in Wanted, so in TA – ek baar commitment de diya to hum apni bhi nahi sunte – as long as they approve!! )
Feel free to add experiences.