Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Working reasons……

In an earlier post, about an year back, I had mentioned it feels lousy to find a reason to get to work. That’s still true.

Today i got some 7 more reasons on Seth Godin's blog.

They are :

  • To be challenged
  • For the pleasure/calling of doing the work
  • For the impact it makes on the world
  • For the reputation you build in the community
  • To solve interesting problems
  • To be part of a group and to experience the mission
  • To be appreciated

What do you work for?

For me, while money as a reason had stopped working long time back, rest of the reasons do not really work for me. But  I’d say money is good enough. At least it pays for phone bill and petrol. And stuff like that.

I guess there is the difference. People like me, who need money for something, and hence need to work will not necessarily think of the other 7 reasons. But someone like Prince William would.

Guess it finally boils down to your needs and wants – if its Roti,Kapda, Makaan, you will not think beyond money. A lot of people have often given me lectures on how they work for the challenge, impact blah blah and then were very silent when I said – Good, you enjoy your work, give me your salary, or your car.

If at all, a reason for me to work would be to get a chance to travel and see places and meet people. But some people say even that becomes a pain in some time.

No comments: